Saturday, March 10, 2007

The Skies...

Love 'em. So many different displays. We fly almost every day and the view is always changing...sometimes a few times during the day.

Day, night, sun, cloud, water, ice, dust, wind - it's all included.

Sometimes I feel the best part of our job is the fact that no matter what weather we wake up in, for a few minutes every day, it's sunny and warm and we have a birds eye view of the earth.

This shot was taken in the evening returning from South Carolina.



In Montreal after a thunderstorm this fall.




Icing in cloud enroute to Toronto Island Airport YTZ. The next shot shows the result of passing through a cloud like this. (Look at the winglet...stripes...it's the same airplane but a month prior we had a disagreement with a seagull and the winglet was replaced) Got to hand it to the Schweiz...they can sure build a solid airplane. I have yet to see severe icing, but I'm sure she'd still fly



Not bad...not much but not bad.




I love this one. We were enroute to Green Bay KGRB with some clients and stopped up in northern Michigan, at an uncontrolled airport for customs. I'd have to check the Logbook for the name of it. But it was about 830, and while lightning-speed customs officers were arguing over whos idea of how to scan a passport was correct, I was lost in the sight of the sky.





They say Go West. So it goes. Enroute from Ottawa to Sarasota, Fl (KSRQ). The US airspace is packed. This was the contrail sight at FL270 abeam NYC. All going west.




And another. Big boy.





Off to Pearson in the evening. Lake Simcoe YSO VOR is one of our waypoints, and blasting into cottage country at sunset is quite peaceful. Infact on this route we pass directly overhead my wife's family cottage. The next shot is of Loucks Lake from 16,000 ft enroute to Pearson.






Evening flight back to Ottawa last week.





My wife and I travelled to the Island of Medeira, Portugal...a 12sm x 36sm island, rising from sea-level to 6000ft, off the coast of Africa for a week this december. Among many other favorites, this is the view from the top of the island.


Love the Skies.


J

1 comment:

Matt said...

Hello!

I am contacting you because I am working with the authors of a book about blogs, and I'd like to request permission to use a photograph of yours in this book. Please contact me at matt@wefeelfine.org, and I'd be happy to give you more information about the project. Please paste a link to your blog in the subject field. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Matt
matt@wefeelfine.org